Become a Member
Anyone over the age of 18 that lives in the Greater Rochester Area can become a member. You will need to fill out information on our Membership Page online.
When you come in for the first time you will be required to present the following:
- Two proofs of residency in the Greater Rochester Area, such as a utility or phone bill or paystub.
- A debit/credit card to have on file (this is in the case of late fees or tools being damaged by the renter).
- Fill out the Lending Agreement and Indemnification and Waiver.
Once we have the documentation and have verified that your membership fee is paid in full, you will receive your membership card.
The Tool Shed has three levels to choose from:
- Tinkerer Level — $25 per year and you can rent five tools at a time*. This level is for individuals only.
- MacGyver Level — $35 per year and you can rent 10 tools at a time*. This level is for individuals only.
- Builder Level — $50 per year and you can rent 25 tools at a time*. This level is for individuals only.
- Contractor Level — $100 per year, two users, and you can rent 50 tools at a time*. This level is also for businesses and community organizations.
*Rented tools must be returned within 7 days. After that, a $1 fee per day will be incurred. Any tool not returned after 30 days will result in the renter being charged for the value of a new replacement tool (market value)